The children begin every Sunday at 10:00 in the sanctuary where they are invited to come forward for a children’s sermon. Following the sermon, they go downstairs with their teachers for music and Sunday School.
In our Workshop Rotation Sunday School during the school year, we will be teaching the children the same Bible story for 4 to 5 weeks in a row. Each week, classes rotate into a new and unique workshop, ie: art, video, drama, cooking, computer, etc. Why Rotate? Rotating slows down the rate of story change and deepens the student’s experience and memory. Traditional boring classrooms become transformed into inventive & engaging sessions that improve Bible literacy. Students experience something new each week and will look forward to coming to church!
Summer of Missions
July 2- Learn about Worcester Fellowship and make the Brown Bag Lunches in the kitchen. All ages
July 9- Make Desserts for Dismas House on Friday in the kitchen. Learn about what Dismas House is.
July 16- Paint Rainbow Rocks to hand out the Congregation the following Sunday, a LBGT Project, to remind everyone of our pledge to welcome everyone.
July 23- Make Brown Bag Lunches for Worcester Fellowship. Learn about homeless family shelters, and who stays there and why.
July 30- No Sew Fleece Blankets,for the Project Linus, asking for help from the older kids to help the younger ones with this project.
August 6- Decorating Place Mats for Meals on Wheels, Grafton Senior Center.
August 13-Make Desserts for Dismas House for Friday, learn about their second location in Rutland their Family farm.
August 20- Make Doggie treats for Local Animal Shelters.
August 27-Back-Pack Project for Homeless Children through Worcester Fellowship
As a Summer long fund raiser, we will be working on a project called “Nickels for Nets”, where the kids will collect coins throughout the summer to buy big nets for families in parts of the world that have mosquito borne illnesses.
Christian Education Committee
- Assesses and promotes new perspectives in religious education
- Recruits and trains Church School Workshop leaders.
- Makes every child feel welcome and loved, encouraging friendship for the whole group
- Creates and design Sunday School curriculum and workshop activities
- Teaches the children how to give and share within their church, their community, their country and the world
- Plans and directs annual Christmas Pageant and Children’s Sunday
- Coordinates bi-annual celebrations of First Communion and Confirmation in cooperation with the Minister
- Support church youth community service activities including:
- Collecting food for the Grafton Food Bank Thanksgiving baskets
- Hosting Coats for Kids collection
- Participating in the Heifer Project
- Collecting items and filling boxes for Operation Christmas Child
- Singing for the congregation at special services
- Visiting Crescent Manor nursing home
- Prepare and distribute lunches at Worcester Fellowship