The children begin every Sunday at 10:00 in the sanctuary where they are invited to come forward for a children’s sermon. Following the sermon, they go downstairs with their teachers for music and Sunday School.
In our Workshop Rotation Sunday School, we will be teaching the children the same Bible story for 4 to 5 weeks in a row. Each week, classes rotate into a new and unique workshop, ie: art, video, drama, cooking, computer, etc. Why Rotate? Rotating slows down the rate of story change and deepens the student’s experience and memory. Traditional boring classrooms become transformed into inventive & engaging sessions that improve Bible literacy. Students experience something new each week and will look forward to coming to church!
Christian Education Committee
- Assesses and promotes new perspectives in religious education
- Recruits and trains Church School Workshop leaders.
- Makes every child feel welcome and loved, encouraging friendship for the whole group
- Creates and design Sunday School curriculum and workshop activities
- Teaches the children how to give and share within their church, their community, their country and the world
- Plans and directs annual Christmas Pageant and Children’s Sunday
- Coordinates bi-annual celebrations of First Communion and Confirmation in cooperation with the Minister
- Support church youth community service activities including:
- Collecting food for the Grafton Food Bank Thanksgiving baskets
- Hosting Coats for Kids collection
- Participating in the Heifer Project
- Collecting items and filling boxes for Operation Christmas Child
- Singing for the congregation at special services
- Visiting Crescent Manor nursing home
- Prepare and distribute lunches at Worcester Fellowship