The Deacons assist the pastor in matters relating to worship and special church services as they occur within the church calendar. Deacons prepare the Sanctuary for service and seasonal events, including decorating for Christmas.
- Assists the pastor at special church services within the church calendar
- Prepares the Sanctuary for service and seasonal events
- Assists the pastor in church ministry in the community
- Assists the pastor in the Sacraments: Baptism, Confirmation, Communion
- Serves at memorial and funeral services when possible
- Fills the pulpit during the Pastor’s vacations as requested by the pastor
- Insures the coffee hour is hosted every week
- Sets out the flowers that are contributed in honor of family and friends
- Serves as contacts and mentors for new members
- Committee meetings are held monthly
We are all at different points in our spiritual journeys. We enjoy working together and feel a calling to serve our church and church family and to assist the pastor in the worship service and spiritual community. Our committee meetings are held monthly, and we all take part in prayer, devotions, and lively discussions.