Part-Time Christian Education Director
The Congregational Church of Grafton, United Church of Christ (UCC)
The Congregational Church of Grafton
Our faith community is affiliated with the United Church of Christ (UCC), a progressive, welcoming and affirming faith denomination. Our church facility is located on the historic Grafton Common in Grafton, MA. Our congregation gathers for worship at 10 a.m. on Sunday mornings. Our family of faith holds Sunday School classes three times a month, at the conclusion of the Young People’s Message during our worship service at approximately 10:20 a.m.
The Christian Education (CE) Director is a part-time position requiring four to five hours per week. The CE Director will work with, be guided by and be accountable to the Christian Education Committee to provide engaging, faith-nurturing lessons and projects on Sunday mornings.
We seek a creative educator who enjoys teaching young minds and a committed faith leader whose spirit may fortify our Christian Education program.
- Coordinate with the Christian Education Committee to plan, prepare and present weekly Sunday School lessons that may parallel the sermon theme and liturgical season
- Present weekly Sunday School lessons to students, pre-Kindergarten through seventh grade
- Prepare students to perform in annual Christmas Pageant (second Sunday in December)
- Prepare students to participate in annual Youth and Children Sunday (second Sunday in June) and work, in tandem with the Christian Education Committee and the pastor, to assign roles and fulfill responsibilities for this singular service
- Attend bi-monthly (every two months) Christian Education Committee meetings
- Assist pastor in faith-formation program (i.e., Faith And Caring Encounter—FACE Group)
Skills and Qualifications
- Experience working with children, youth and their families
- Experience teaching in faith-nurturing and faith-building programs
- Ability to communicate effectively with children, youth and families
- Able to work as a team member with Christian Education Committee and pastor
- Successful clearance of background check (i.e., CORI in MA)
Compensation is commensurate with experience. NOTE: Additional services and participation in events that exceed listed hours of position will be compensated appropriately.
Qualified applicants are encouraged to email a cover letter, resume and list of a minimum of two references by July 31, 2019 to:
Mrs. Amy Woodbury
Christian Education Committee, Chair
Congregational Church of Grafton
* * * * *